There are plenty of things to do in the Dominican Republic, whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an action-packed adventure. Here are some of the top things to do in the Dominican Republic:
1. Visit the capital city of Santo Domingo.
2. Go on a safari at the Los Haitises National Park.
3. Take a dip in one of the many waterfalls, such as those at El Limon or Salto del Limon.
4. Relax on one of the many beaches, such as Playa Dorada or Bavaro Beach.
5. Sample the local cuisine, which includes dishes like sancocho and mangu.
6. Shop for souvenirs at one of the many markets, such as the Mercado Modelo in Santo Domingo.
7. Learn about the country’s history and culture at the Museum of the Dominican Man or the Dominican Republic National Library.
8. Take a tour of a rum factory, such as the Bacardi Factory Tour in Puerto Plata.
9. Go hiking or horseback riding through the lush landscapes of the Dominican Republic.
10. Spend a day or two exploring one of the many islands off the coast, such as Saona Island or Catalina Island.