Looking for something fun to do while in the Dominican Republic? Check out some of these excursions!
1. Visit the capital city of Santo Domingo. This city is full of history and culture, and there are plenty of things to see and do. Be sure to check out the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor, the oldest cathedral in the Americas, and the Alcazar de Colon, the former home of Christopher Columbus’ son.
2. Take a tour of a rum factory. The Dominican Republic is famous for its rum, so why not learn a little bit about how it’s made? Many rum factories offer tours, and you can even sample some of the finished product.
3. Go whale watching. The Dominican Republic is one of the best places in the world to see humpback whales. There are several companies that offer whale watching tours, and you’re almost guaranteed to see some of these amazing creatures.
4. Visit a coffee plantation. The Dominican Republic is also one of the world’s leading producers of coffee, so a visit to a coffee plantation is a must. You’ll learn about the process of coffee production, from picking the beans to roasting them, and you can even sample some of the finished product.
5. Take a hike through the rainforest. The Dominican Republic is home to a large rainforest, and there are several companies that offer guided hikes through this magical place. You’ll get to see some of the amazing plant and animal life that call the rainforest home, and you might even spot a waterfall or two.
6. Go ziplining. If you’re looking for a little thrill, go ziplining through the rainforest. There are several companies that offer this excursion, and you’re sure to have an adrenaline-pumping time.
7. Relax on the beach. Of course, no trip to the Dominican Republic would be complete without some time spent relaxing on the beach. Soak up the sun, swim in the clear blue waters, and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the Dominican Republic.